Monday, September 26, 2011

Learning the Lesson behind the Humiliation

So many of you are already familiar with my displeasure in the BYU vs Utah game, after all I have had a number of post that have hinted at the fact that I was not very happy with the performance and effort given in the rivalry game. To be honest I felt the last post was going to be all I had to say on the matter, until yesterday.

Last night while playing a friendly game of cards at my in-laws home, an older neighbor, who is a dear family friend stopped by to say hello. The topic of BYU football came up, and of course the BYU vs Utah game was discussed. This older gentlemen, who is a BYU fan through and through, shinned a new light on the outcome of the game. He quickly chimed in "What was the final score of the BYU vs Utah game?" the sad reply was "54-10." He then asked for someone to pull out their scriptures and turn to Doctrine and Covenants Section 54 verse 10. Eager to see where this was headed I quickly found the passage on my phone and read "And again, be patient." That was it, it had to be, the hidden message behind the embarrassing loss at the hands of our most hated rivals.

No comments:

Post a Comment